This is my favourite childhood cake! My mum used to do it for my birthdays (well she sometimes still does it). It is simple and for me better than any cake:)
- 4 wheat flour rolls
- 4 large eggs
- 1 kg of cherries
- 6 Tbs of sugar
1. Remove stones from cherries.
2. Soak rolls in water until completely wet and squeeze hard to remove as much water as you can.
3. Whip yolks with sugar until white.
4. Beat whites until firm foam.
5. Mix cherries, yolks and rolls. Carefully add whites to the mixture and bake for 40 minuets in 180-200C until slightly brown. Serve WARM with cream and sugar.