- 200g basmati rice
- 2-4 chicken breasts (optional!)
- 2 red chilles, deseeded and grated or very finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 200g cabbage, sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 spring onions , sliced
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp soy sauce , plus extra for serving
- butter or olive oil
1. Cook rice.
2. Cut chicken (if used) into small pieces. Heat olive oil or butter in a pan and fry chicken until cooked. You can also marinate chicken before in eg. lemon juice, olive oil and garlic.
3. Mix the chillies and garlic in a mortar with a pinch of salt, to make a paste.
4. Melt some butter in a large pan. Add carrots and stir-fry for 5 minutes until tender. Add cabbage and chilli paste. Cook for 1 minute. Add rice and chicken. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Push the rice mixture to one side of the pan and add the eggs to the cleared space. Scramble until set. Add onions and and peas and soy sauce and stir-fry until everything is warm.
Based on this recipe.