Thanks for the recipe Niclas!
- 1kg fläskkarre 🙂 (pork shoulder)
- black pepper
- 20 fennel seeds
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 onions
1. Brown the pork in a very hot pan until all sides are dark brown. Put it in a deep baking tray.
2. Add a lot of salt, black pepper, fennel seeds and bay leafs and water so that half the meat is covered.
3. Put it into the oven (180 C) and cook for 4-5 hours turning the meat every 30 minutes. Add water now and then if it boils down too much. The meat is ready when it easily falls apart when trying to turn it.
4. Let cool down for a bit and ‘pull’ it into small pieces with a potato masher. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
5. Slice the onions and cook with butter until soft and transparent. Add meat (with it’s sauces) and cook for few more minutes.
Great with egg pasta or rice and coleslaw salad (1/2 of shredded cabbage, 2 shredded carrots, grated onion mixed with mayonnaise dressing)