Have you ever watched Jamie Oliver cooking? I love it! Since a week or more I am watching Jamie Oliver’s 30-minute meals and cooking 🙂
Spinach and feta filo pie (original JO recipe changed a bit by me):
- 100g of sunflower seeds
- 5 eggs
- 300g feta cheese
- 100g cheddar cheese
- zest from 1 lemon
- a knob of butter
- 500g fresh baby spinach
- 4-6 layers of filo pastry (big ones)
- salt, pepper, oregano, nutmeg, olive oil
- Toast sunflower seeds in a dry frying pan for about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add little olive oil into the pan and pile in fresh spinach (you may want to do it in batches), sprinkle with salt, pepper, grated zest of one lemon and nutmeg. Add knob of butter and keep stirring until spinach is done (soft and cooked).
- In a bowl combine eggs, feta cheese, grated cheddar, sunflower seeds and spinach. Mix with fork and season with salt and oregano.
- Put first layer of filo pastry on a table, sprinkle with olive oil and pepper. Put another layer on top of the first one. Sprinkle with olive oil and pepper, put another layer on top of the second one and continue the procedure with other layers.
- Put a pile of prepared filo pastry in a heatproof dish (leave the edges outside the dish – you will use it to put it on top of the filling)
- Add the spinach-cheese mixture into the dish and fold the filo sheets over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven (200C) for about 30-40 minutes.