So simple, so good! One of our favourite soups.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 large handfuls of frozen peas (or more if you like)
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 1 Tbs butter
- salt, black pepper
Add butter to a pan, add onions and fry slowly for approximately 10 minutes. Bring to boil chicken stock, add onions and peas. Bring to boil and simmer for few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Done!
Based on Jamie’s Italy. J. Oliver.
One of our favorite dishes! By Jamie Oliver.
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 jarred red peppers in oil
- 1 heaped tsp tomato puree
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 220g small cooked shrimp
- 1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
Make a curry paste in a food processor by mixing chili, lemon juice, garlic, coriander, peppers, tomato puree, fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger. Put the paste into large pan and add supar snap peas and shrimps. Cook for few minutes. Add cocconut milk.Stir as it melts down. Eat with rice.
What to do with leftover white parts of spring onions, ginger, mint leaves, mascarpone cheese and too many frozen green peas in a freezer?
- 600g frozen green peas
- 400ml coconut milk
- 5-7 white parts of spring onions. sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crashed
- 100g mascarpone cheese (optional)
- 2 handfuls of fresh mint leaves
- 2 x thumb size fresh ginger, grated
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 200ml water
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- lemon juice
Heat butter and olive oil in a pan. Add onions and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add ginger and juice and zest of the lime. Cook 1 minute. Add green peas, water and coconut milk and cook for 10 minutes. Add mascarpone cheese and blend everything together. Season with salt and extra lemon juice (if needed). If you want your soup to be super smooth you can squeeze the soup through the sieve.
Serve with hard boiled eggs and oven baked carrots (peel carrots, cut it in halves, sprinkle with olive oil and grill in an oven for 45 minutes in 200C).
Inspired by this recipe.
- 200g basmati rice
- 2-4 chicken breasts (optional!)
- 2 red chilles, deseeded and grated or very finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 200g cabbage, sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 spring onions , sliced
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp soy sauce , plus extra for serving
- butter or olive oil
1. Cook rice.
2. Cut chicken (if used) into small pieces. Heat olive oil or butter in a pan and fry chicken until cooked. You can also marinate chicken before in eg. lemon juice, olive oil and garlic.
3. Mix the chillies and garlic in a mortar with a pinch of salt, to make a paste.
4. Melt some butter in a large pan. Add carrots and stir-fry for 5 minutes until tender. Add cabbage and chilli paste. Cook for 1 minute. Add rice and chicken. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Push the rice mixture to one side of the pan and add the eggs to the cleared space. Scramble until set. Add onions and and peas and soy sauce and stir-fry until everything is warm.
Based on this recipe.