balsamic BBQ sauce:
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup or tomato puree or a mix of both
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1Tbs mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce has reduced by about 1/3. Based on this recipe.
It will make any fish taste like heaven!
- 50g button mushrooms, finely sliced (I used champignons)
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 20g butter
- 100ml dry white wine
- 300ml fresh fish stock (I used water with few drops of fish sauce)
- 300ml double cream
- lemon juice to taste (optional)
1. In a pan, fry mushrooms and shallots in the butter until tender.
2. Add wine and boil until the liquid is almost evaporated. Add the fish stock and boil until reduced by half. Add cream and cook until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
3. (optional) Pass the sauce through a fine sieve.
4. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Based on: delicious May 2013 p. 28.